In partnership with Facebook, we are happy to announce our 2018 Aspiring Entrepreneurs Digital Programme calendar which is focused on enabling young entrepreneurs across the country with essential strategies, knowledge, skills and tools to grow their businesses with essential digital strategies.
Structure and Curriculum
Each programme stream will run four (4) times a week (from Mondays to Thursdays) over a four (4) week period and will involve very interactive and hands-on practical workshop learning sessions. With the background that entrepreneurs are now engaging more within a digital market place, the curriculum will have a strong digital marketing component and also cover critical areas for successfully building a new business including:
• Business Model Canvas
• Business Plan Development
• Budgeting, Financial Management and Financial Reporting
• Marketing and Pricing Strategies
• People Management
• Raising Financing
• Digital Marketing including using Facebook Business Tools
• Business Pitching
• Lagos I: February 5, 2018 – March 2, 2018
• Abuja: March 12, 2018 – April 6, 2018
• Ibadan: April 16, 2018 – May 11, 2018
• Port Harcourt: May 21, 2018 – June 15, 2018
• Lagos II: June 25, 2018 – July 20, 2018
• Calabar: July 30, 2018 – August 24, 2018
• Kaduna; September 3, 2018 – September 28, 2018
• Enugu: October 8, 2018 – November 2, 2018
Stage I: Interested applicants must complete the online form here. Applicants will be required to complete all the required fields and upload the following:
• Passport Photograph
• School Certificate or Statement of Result
• Birth Certificate
• CAC Certificate
Stage II: Following a review of all received applications, 60 candidates will be shortlisted for a 15 minute video interview. After which 40 will be selected for each stream.
Tuition & Application Fees
Through the support of Facebook, the programme is FREE to entrepreneurs who successfully scale the two application stages. This scholarship support from Facebook covers all direct course fees including course materials, books, feeding.
This is a non-residential programme and it is expected that each entrepreneur enrolled for the programme must be able to get themselves to and from the location which will be communicated during the shortlisting process.
Additional Post Programme Benefits
• Facebook Advert Credits (for the winners of the Pitch Competition)
• One Year (1) Mentoring Support from FATE Foundation
• One (1) Year Business Advisory Support from FATE Foundation
• Access to Free Business Support Tools & Applications
Who Can Apply?
To be eligible, you must be:
• Between 18 – 35 years old
• Computer Literate
• Have Access to a Laptop or Data Enabled Device
• Have already registered and launched a business.
• Have graduated from an Accredited Tertiary Level Institution
Frequently Asked Questions
1. When Can I Apply: Applications will be open from November 23, 2017 and will be on a rolling basis as each new city stream starts. We recommend applicants to register by 4 weeks before the start of the programme in each city as that is when shortlisting and interviews
2. How many entrepreneurs are you selecting? We will be selecting 40 entrepreneurs per session for each of the 8 sessions.
3. How do I know which location to apply: We strongly advise that you should apply to locations close to where you currently reside to avoid any personal logistic inconvenience if selected.
4. Is there a fee to Participate? There is no Fee. The programme is free as all selected entrepreneurs will be on Scholarships provided by Facebook and will only be expected to get themselves through and from the location of the training venue.
5. How do I know if my application has been successful? Only applicants shortlisted to the first stage will be contacted.
6. Can I make changes in my application after I have submitted it or can I do a fresh application instead? No, once you have submitted it is final and you will not be able edit the application. Also, multiple entries will be disqualified. So we encourage you to verify your application carefully before submitting.
7. What is the time involvement expected for participants? Each stream will run from Mondays to Thursdays every week for four (4) weeks for about 3 – 5 hours each day.
8. Where should I send any enquiries? Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Also follow @FATE Foundation on Facebook to keep up to date regarding information and announcements regarding the programme.